All glory, laud, and honor to you, Redeemer King!
To whom the lips of children
made sweet hosannas ring.
1. You are the King of Israel, and David’s royal Son,
now in the Lord’s name coming, our King and Blessed One.
2. The company of angels are praising you on high;
and mortals, joined with all things created, make reply.
3. The people of the Hebrews, with palms, before you went:
Our praise and prayers and anthems, before you, we present.
4. To you before your passion, they sang their hymns of praise:
To you, now high exalted, our melody we raise.
5. Their praises you accepted,
accept the prayers we bring,
great source of love and goodness, our Savior and our King. (REFRAIN)
Based on Matthew 21:1–11
WORDS Theodulph of Orleans (ca. 760–821)
MUSIC Melchior Teschner (1584–1635)
ARRANGEMENT William H. Monk (1823–1889)